At times, feeding your precious angel healthy baby food can be quite a challenge. Below are tips and advice on how best to feed your baby. It is important to remember that it is a process, it will take time, there is no rush, and it is certainly not a race.
HOW DO I FEED MY BABY?
- Have the baby seated safely in a highchair or feeding chair attached to your counter?
- Prepare healthy baby food and test the temperature to ensure it is not too hot or cold.
- Place baby’s food in a bowl/s and feed baby off a spoon
- If baby grabs a spoon, allow this, and have a second or third spoon on hand so you can continue to feed the baby
- When the baby is full, she will start to fuss and shake her head
- Feed the baby in a calm environment
- Dedicate your time completely to your baby while she eats. This will relax and calm her.
- When eating well, make mealtimes family times and sit around a dining room table or kitchen table.
- Interaction with other siblings is vital.
WHAT ABOUT THE MESS?
- Mess is part of the fun.
- Use disposable bibs and wipeable jackets if easier
- Make feeding healthy baby food fun
- Ensure you have a good supply of large bibs and face cloths
- Allow baby to feel the food and play with the textures – this will ultimately get your baby to feed herself
The introduction of solids should be an exciting one. Yes, it will be stressful at times; however, try and focus on your baby’s amazing growth to get to this stage and celebrate the small steps. Feeding your baby healthy baby food will give you peace of mind knowing your baby is getting all the nutrition she needs.